HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone that your body produces naturally in small amounts. It is also produced at high levels during pregnancy. Its role in the body is linked to fertility in both men and women. That’s why doctors commonly prescribe HCG injections to treat fertility issues like low sperm count in men and to encourage ovulation in women.
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approves its use as fertility or endocrine drug.
In 1954, Dr. Albert Simeons discovered through his clinical trials that specific injections combined with the right diet could lead to amazing weight loss results. Since then, the HCG diet has grown in popularity. Not only through injections, HCG products for this purpose are also available as oral drops, pellets, and sprays.
To help you understand how HCG shots work for losing weight, we’ll be looking at Dr. Simeons’ HCG diet plan, how it helps the body burn calories fast and can help you achieve your desired body weight.
The Rules of Performing the HCG Diet
Dr. Simeons’ tested and proven HCG diet plan involves combining HCG weight loss injections with a very low-calorie diet. The HCG diet weight loss program involves strictly adhering to eating no more than 500 calories per day.
It’s more than that, though. The other aspects of the HCG diet are:
- Eating only twice a day – usually just lunch and dinner
- Each meal must be balanced low-fat, low-calorie, and include a source of lean protein, vegetables, fruits, and perhaps a bit of bread (for carbs).
- Foods to be strictly avoided during the diet are butter, fatty foods (salmon, tuna and such), oils (fried foods), dried or pickled fish, starchy foods, nuts, sugary foods, and drinks.
- Drinking lots of water during the diet is advised. Coffee and tea are also allowed.
By adhering to the restricted diet, you are bound to lose weight either way, but the HCG hormones speed things up by boosting your metabolism, giving you energy, and helping you burn stubborn body fat with greater efficiency.
Phases of HCG-Diet
The HCG diet includes three distinct stages with different requirements.
- The First Stage is the Loading Phase. This stage lasts for the first two days of the diet plan. You can eat whatever you want during this stage, especially high-fat, high-calorie foods while receiving the injections. The purpose is to let your body accumulate to maximum calories and fat.
- The Second Stage is the VLCD Phase. It typically lasts for three to six weeks. You’ll continue receiving the injections, but your diet will be limited to 500 calories a day.
- The Last Stage is the Maintenance Phase. Administration of HCG shots will stop. Your food quantity and calorie intake will be increased, but sugary and starchy foods will remain off the menu for another three weeks.
For those seeking to lose just a bit of weight, or tune-up, the three-week diet program is sufficient. While the six weeks program is recommended for those who would like to lose a lot of weight. Depending on your initial weight, you may need to repeat the six-week cycle a few times for optimal weight-loss results.
How Do HCG Injections Work?
Medical weight loss with the aid of HCG diet injections is now a common practice, but very few actually know how this program helps them lose weight.
Combined with a 500-calorie diet, HCG shots will cause the following to occur in your body:
Increased Leptin Sensitivity
HCG weight loss program improves your body’s sensitivity to Leptin.
Leptin is a hormone that plays a part in regulating your energy levels and body weight. This hormone will trigger your hypothalamus to recognize excess fats and lead to increased metabolism and fat burning in your system.
It also suppresses hunger, which makes you more likely to adhere to your 500 calories a day diet.
Higher Rate of Fat Burning
When more HCG is introduced into your system, it causes your body to recognize abnormal stored fats. It also stimulates the physical conditions of pregnant women that require immediate energy production.
Because you are consuming less than 500 calories per day, your body will have no choice but to burn body fat for energy in place of the missing calories. This optimizes your body to burn stored fat at an accelerated pace, leading to effectively achieving a lean body mass.
Following the diet plans can lead to losing up to half a pound or more every day. The most interesting part about the diet, though, is you don’t need to combine it with exercise before you see fat loss results.
In fact, exercising is advised against because it consumes more energy and calories. This may boost your appetite and cause you to consume more than the 500-calorie limit.
Where to Purchase HCG Injections?
Various companies produce and sell HCG products. Quality varies from company to company, which is why it is important to know where to get the best product at the best price.
If you buy a low-quality product, you not only might be unable to achieve your health goals, but you may also be exposed to avoidable side-effects.
In our research for where to buy HCG injections that are top-quality, Nu Image Medical’s products stood out. Unlike other brands that provide only homeopathic HCG, which makes use of only small amounts of real HCG, Nu Image Medical provides the injection kits with medical-grade HCG.
Medical HCG or prescription HCG contains higher levels of natural HCG. This makes them far more potent for any type of HCG treatment, including fat loss. Nu Image Medical is popular for not just their effectiveness, but also for the successful treatment of hair loss, erectile dysfunction, and female sexual enhancement.
Asides from the quality of their products, Nu Image Medical makes buying hCG injections online easy and safe. You can speak with one of their US certified doctors, via video or audio call, to receive professional guidance and medical evaluation before purchasing and using any of their products.
After your teleconsultation with a physician, your prescription will be sent electronically to a partner pharmacy near you. From there, you can pick up your HCG kit or have it delivered to your home.
The HCG program from this company is available for both men and women and comes with free guidelines, recipes, and eBooks.
After you’ve bought your kit, you won’t be left alone. Nu Image Medical will stand by you throughout your weight loss journey with complete physician supervision via audio or video calls.
This is far more support and quality than many other sellers/makers offer.
Reviews of the Injections Using Nu Image Medical
Nu Image Medical has been in the medical HCG market since 2004. Over the years, the company has built a solid reputation as the go-to choice to purchase HCG injections, drops, and pellets of the highest quality. The many positive reviews and success stories surrounding the use of their product is further evidence of their quality.
Their weight loss injections are made with the highest-grade ingredients and some of the purest HCG hormone on the market. The quality of their support services is another aspect in which Nu Image Medical trumps its competitors.
They offer a convenient and fast way to communicate with certified medical professionals via video and audio call. You can consult with these medical staff at any time of the day about Nu Image Medical’s program and diet before you buy.
This ensures you have all the information you need regarding if the product is ideal and safe for your health goals. They can also be contacted for answers or guidance while taking your daily injections.
Nu Image Medical’s unique form of telemedicine ensures that your use of the medication and your progress is professionally and adequately supervised for best results.
The products from the company are 100-percent legal and approved by the FDA. You can opt for Nu Image Medical’s 26-day program or the 46-Day Program. The 26-Day Program can help you lose up to 15 pounds while the 46-Day Program has the potential to help you lose more if you follow it strictly.
How to Mix HCG Injections
Nu Image Medical delivers an all-in-one HCG injection kit that contains your prescription, high-protein diets, HCG, mixing solution, syringe, and needles for your daily HCG shots.
To mix the HCG for optimal effect, please use the following instructions:
- Secure the 18-gauge mixing needle tightly to the large mixing syringe.
- Use the syringe to draw 5mL of the mixing solution.
- Inject the drawn solution into the HCG vial.
- Gently swirl the vial’s content, not shake.
- Use the insulin syringe or smaller syringe in the kit to draw .2 mL (the 20 mark on the syringe) of HCG solution from the vial
- Keep refrigerated any remaining mixed vial content for later use.
How to Take HCG Injections for Weight Loss
Administering the injections is a relatively simple process, but it is crucial that you strictly follow instructions.
Before using the injections, please first read these instructions in their entirety:
- Arrange the contents of the HCG diet injection kit on a clean, dry surface.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Dry up then rub the area to be injected with an alcohol pad
- Take off the needle cap and the HCG vial cap.
- Make sure there’s some air in the syringe’s chamber then inject the needle into the rubber top of the vial
- Turn the vial upside down and push the syringe plunger to inject air into the vial
- Pull the plunger back till you have the right quantity of serum
- Ensure that there’s no air in the syringe and keep the needle away from unsterilized surfaces.
- Squeeze up some skin over the area you want to inject and gently insert the syringe into the pinched skin
- Insert the needle perpendicularly and gently pull the plunger. If you see blood, the needle might have touched a vein, which is bad. Remove the needle and properly dispose of it.
- Try again.
- If there’s no blood, inject the syringe’s content into the tissue, remove the needle then press firmly down on the skin
- The easiest place to inject HCG is around your belly. You can ice the area to numb the skin and minimize pain then wipe with alcohol.
- Once the procedure is complete, put the cap back on the needle and properly dispose of it.
- Make sure to change the injection spot regularly. Also, avoid injecting into areas that feel especially tender or painful.
- It is best to inject your dose at the same time every day. This will help maintain optimal HCG levels.
What Are the Side Effects
An HCG product that contains all-natural ingredients is safe for most people to use, but depending on your physiology or a pre-existing medical condition, you may experience side effects like:
- Irritability and/or restlessness
- Edema (swollen ankles, feet or hands)
- Gynecomastia (breast growth in men)
- Allergic reactions
- Blood clots
- Multiple pregnancies (conceiving twins or triplets)
While almost anyone can benefit from using these injections for weight loss, or other purposes, doctors recommend against using HCG if you are:
- Allergic to any of the contents of an HCG hormone
- Suffering from prostate cancer or similar cancers, heart disease, kidney disease, migraines, asthma, seizures, or ovarian cysts
- In early puberty
If experiencing any severe side-effects, seek immediate professional health care.
HCG Injections vs. HCG Drops
There are a variety of HCG diet products currently available on the market, including over-the-counter HCG in the form of HCG drops and pellets. While these other products are more convenient and cheaper than HCG shots, they aren’t necessarily as potent.
Unlike oral HCG, the injection method delivers the medication directly into your bloodstream for faster action. HCG shots also ensure your body gets 100 percent of the medication.
This means that not only do you get the full worth of your investment, with none of the medication wasted, but you also get faster results.
Another reason why the injections trump HCG drops is that they contain medical grade HCG. That’s why a prescription is typically needed before you can buy these injections—unlike HCG drops or pellets that you can buy over the counter.
Medical-grade HCG or prescription HCG contains higher concentrations of natural HCG, which makes them significantly more potent.
Fully understanding and adhering to the use of injections and the diet is the key to getting the best out of the treatment for your weight loss or other health goals.
The quality of the product will also play a significant role regarding results and minimizing the risk of side-effects.
It is why we recommend only using the best HCG injections, like that provided by Nu Image Medical. It’s a bit pricey, but the extra cost is worth it considering the guarantee you get regarding safety, results, and overall health gains.